Cree Family History Network

The search for your Cree, Crie, Crea, Cre, Crey and Chree origins

I am very excited - -- you have made additions to this line including my Grandfather, Samuel Cree born 1897 to George Frederick Valentine Cree and Annie Topping.  You also showed their son George - they did have 3 other children, Andrew (1904), William James (1907) and a stillborn baby in 1911 (also when Annie died).  George married again in 1912 and had 6 more children.

My cousin and I have been trying to prove that this was the right line - - and I went back to check some details because we were sure we were right and have found some details we were going to check against it. . . .and found you agree with us.  You have definitely made my day!!!!

THANK YOU!!!!

Views: 126

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

Catherine,

Many thanks for the further information that you have provided. It would seem that George Frederick Valentine Cree married Mary Gordon Atkinson on the 19th September 1912 at St Anne's, Belfast. You state that they had six children and we can identify the following births, (i) John Cree, 12th April 1913, (ii) Mary Cree, 17 October 1914, (iii) Grace Cree, 5th July 1917, (iv) Robert David Cree, 18th March 1920, (v) Thomas Crothers Cree, 25th June 1923, (vi) Harrietta Florence Cree, 27th February 1926.

It would appear that Robert David Cree died on the 21 November 1920, and Henrietta? Florence Graham? Cree died 23rd April 1926. 

And as you write it would appear that the birth of (i) Andrew Cree, 24th May 1903, Lisburn, Tiffen, (ii) William James Cree, 22nd April 1907, Lisburn, Tippen, and the stillborn child were also the children of George Cree and Annie Topping.

If Mike agrees this will certainly help fill a few gaps,

Regards,

Trevor. 

Hi Trevor,  I agree with all that you posted.  I do have a tree on ancestry I can invite you to (it is a private tree) though it is not totally up to date as I have spent the last month on ancestry collecting more info to input - most of my info is not gathered from ancestry - I use many sources and definitely not the other people's trees  they just copy each other's mistakes (They all say my grandfather was born in Montreal  they don't even read the documents they have). My cousin and I have spent the last few months pooling our info and are getting quite a good history going.  I will ask her to check in her too. . . .she will be happy if you include her grandfather (Andrew).

Trevor Cree said:

Catherine,

Many thanks for the further information that you have provided. It would seem that George Frederick Valentine Cree married Mary Gordon Atkinson on the 19th September 1912 at St Anne's, Belfast. You state that they had six children and we can identify the following births, (i) John Cree, 12th April 1913, (ii) Mary Cree, 17 October 1914, (iii) Grace Cree, 5th July 1917, (iv) Robert David Cree, 18th March 1920, (v) Thomas Crothers Cree, 25th June 1923, (vi) Harrietta Florence Cree, 27th February 1926.

It would appear that Robert David Cree died on the 21 November 1920, and Henrietta? Florence Graham? Cree died 23rd April 1926. 

And as you write it would appear that the birth of (i) Andrew Cree, 24th May 1903, Lisburn, Tiffen, (ii) William James Cree, 22nd April 1907, Lisburn, Tippen, and the stillborn child were also the children of George Cree and Annie Topping.

If Mike agrees this will certainly help fill a few gaps,

Regards,

Trevor. 

Reply to Discussion

RSS

© 2024   Created by Trevor Cree.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service